Nothing says scary quite like a spider, and nothing says Halloween quite like this great spooky spider Halloween ornament. Add a festive, colorful and homemade touch to your Halloween decorations with this fun decoration . Use ornaments for more than Christmas!
- Piñata Color: Calabaza Orange, Mantilla Black
- Piñata Claro Extender (optional)
- Lumiere: Burnt Orange
- Pearl Ex Stamp Pad: Copper
- Pearl Ex Stamp Pad Reinker: Black
- Square glass ornament
- Small spider stamps
- Flat paintbrush
- Orange jellybeans
- Hold the ornament by the metal hanger and drip Pinata Calabaza Orange on the top. Be generous. Roll the ornament around so the whole outside gets coated with color. While the Orange is still wet, add a few drops of Mantilla Black so the colors mix together. Adding some Colorless Extender at this point can help the blending process. Gently dab off the excess with a paper towel or sponge and let dry.
- Stamp the ornament with the small spider stamps using the Copper Pearl Ex Stamp Pad.
- Making the ExtravOrganza ribbon: Set the page layout to "landscape" (for the longest ribbon) and choose printer settings for thicker paper and maximum ink flow. Layout several ribbons on one sheet, leaving enough space for fringing if desired. Test on plain paper first to check the text size and general spacing. Load one sheet of ExtravOrganza into the printer and print on the fabric side of the sheet. Cut the ribbons, peel off the paper back and fringe.
- Paint the fringe with Lumiere using a flat brush. The paint dries fairly quickly and will stick to the paper, so lift your ribbon off before this happens.
- Add polka dots to the ribbon with the Black Re-inker. I squirted a bit out into a plastic palette and used a tiny round sponge (Q-tips or make-up applicators work well) to make my dots.
- Carefully remove the metal cap from the ornament and fill with jelly beans or treat of your choice.
- Replace the cap and tie on the ExtravOrganza ribbons.