Thursday, October 31, 2013

Glitter Spider Webs

The materials I used to make these Glitter Spider Webs were Elmer’s glue, purple glitter, parchment paper or wax paper, purple ribbon and felt spider stickers. I used parchment paper because that’s what I had at the time. You could use wax paper.
GlitterSpiderWebsMaterials
I first created my spider web using glue. See photo below for a visual step-by-step.
GlitterSpiderWebsStepsA
I sprinkled glitter – a generous amount -  on the glue web. Notice in the left part of the photo below, how the spider web is fully covered. I mean you can’t even see the white glue. I wanted these spider webs to be very glittery. I dumped the extra glitter onto a paper towel.
GlitterSpiderWebsStepsB
TIP:  I folded the paper towel and then put the extra glitter back into the glitter container. I didn’t want to waste any glitter.
GlitterSpiderWebsSaveExtraGlitter
I let the spider web dry for at least 24 hours. This step is important. The glue needs to be completely dry.
I slowly and carefully removed the spider web off of the parchment paper.
GlitterSpiderWebsStepsC
I attached the cute spider onto the web. The back of the spiders had an adhesive dot already attached. This made it easy to attach to the glitter spider web.
GlitterSpiderWebsSpiderFeltStickers
I used ribbon to hang the spider webs.
GlitterySpiderWebFinale
I found this here: www.happyclippings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment