Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mosaic Wall (home craft)

Make a mosaic wall with this craft using scrapbook paper from. Just arrange the colored squares in a grid for instant color.
Mosaic Wall
Materials:
  • Multicolored scrapbook page packs (I purchased mine at Target and 50 sheets came to a pack; I purchased 2 packs)
  • Zot adhesive glue dots
  • Tape measure
Instructions:
  1. I measured out the length of my wall, then I figured out how many square 12x12 pieces of paper would fit into that length.
     
  2. I picked out 9 different colors from a multi-color pack that I liked and placed them in a random fashion. Starting at the top, I horizontally placed the paper (to adhere to wall I put Zot dots in the four corners of the paper and pressed).
     
  3. I then began on the next row. My goal was to not repeat two colors in a row vertically or horizontally. It was a challenge, but not that hard once I started doing the mosaic. I tried to not get too many colors together or have similar colors sitting next to each other. I wanted it to look like a mosaic of color that looked random in placement and aesthetically pleasing overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment